Wondering if Pinterest is right for your company? Ask yourself these three questions:
- Is your company B2C (business to consumer)?
- Do you have a visually appealing product?
- Are you already spending time improving the look of your product for your website or marketing campaigns?
If you answered “Yes” to all three questions, then Pinterest is a no-brainer for your company. Adding it to your social media marketing mix can definitely help drive traffic to your site.
Start Pining now
Getting started with Pinterest is easy. Here are the basic steps for setting up a Pinterest business account:
- Go to https://business.pinterest.com/ and set up a business account. If you already have a personal Pinterest account, I highly recommend converting it to a business account.
- Verify your email address. Be sure to review the Pinterest Analytics so you can track and improve your “repins” and “clickthroughs.”
- Pick your interests. Be sure to pick interests that overlap your target customers’ interests as well.
- Add the “P” button to your browser. This will make it easy for you to “Pin it to Pinterest” and start saving images from your business site.
- Read the Pinterest for Business Best Practice Guide. This will give you some great tips and tools for getting the most out of your Pinterest business account.
Build your boards and followers. For the first week or so, set some time aside to Pin all the new items you add to your site. You can post the images in bulk later in the day.
- Start exploring your options on Pinterest. Take a look at the Pinterest case studies to see how your company can fit into the community.
- Verify your website. Add the verification code to your site header. You’ll also want to add the “Pin It Button” to your website’s “share” buttons. (We can help with these steps!)
As with all social media, it takes time and dedication to see results, but Pinterest can definitely enhance your online presence. Happy Pinning!